Sealless is Suitable for You
Engineers need, and indeed Industrial regulations often require, rock solid, dependable and reliable performance from pumping equipment. Magnetic drive sealless pumps are suitable for handling a whole variety of liquids from benign to very hazardous.
Whatever the process, sealless pumps could be for you. They prevent leaks and emissions, ensuring safety, and provide reliability and high performance.
Sealless pumps designed and built to the unique requirements of your industry
- Chemicals – pumping numerous liquid types including those that are extremely hazardous, toxic, corrosive, carcinogenic, aggressive and within Industries such as; chlor-alkali and agrochemical
- Industrial – water transfer, hot oils, pharmaceuticals, petroleum, wastewater and oil
- Oil & Gas – onshore facilities and offshore platforms demand high levels of reliability including operations on the high seas and for transfer duties
- Water & Waste – circulation and irrigation, making plants reliable, safe, cost-effective and environmentally compliant
- Power generation – including the movement of fuel oil and for auxiliary purposes including cooling and lubrication as well as in R&D applications
- Utilities – industries require pumps for the provision of additional services, such as heat, extremely hot water, cold water and cleaning media, such as caustic soda for CIP systems, so processes can be performed efficiently, quickly and safely
Pumps designed to suit your application for optimal performance
Whatever your application, you require robust and reliable pumps appropriate to your specifications. You need the optimal pump for your application for complete safety and reliability. You need pumps with minimal downtime due to simplicity in design and a requirement for minimal maintenance and maximum uptime. You need Sealless pumps from HMD Kontro.
For more information about sealless magnetic drive pumps for your application, contact us. Think Sealless – we are confident that we have the right solution for you.
Composite Containment Shells for Sealless Pumps
Improved efficiency and reduced pump life cycle costs are just two of the benefits of the revolutionary ZeroLoss® containment shell, which is constructed from an engineered composite.
Eddy current heating is a common issue with sealless rotating equipment and the ZeroLoss® shell works to eliminate this in an HMD Kontro magnetic drive pump, providing significant cost savings, increased safety and environmental benefits.
ZeroLoss® Shell Benefits
The ZeroLoss® containment shell is engineered from a proprietary material, which was originally developed for use in the construction of modern, high-tech aircraft. This low mass material blend offers a range of benefits, including:
- Higher efficiency ratings and lower operational costs
- Potential to reduce motor size and space savings
- Improved handling of liquefied gases and heat sensitive liquids
- More robustness in closed discharge conditions
- Greater tolerance of partial dry run conditions
- Resistance to a wide range of chemicals
To discover more of the benefits of the ZeroLoss® Containment Shell, please visit: https://hmdkontro.com/zeroloss/
Essentially, sealless pumps are centrifugal pumps without packed glands or seals. Instead of a seal, there is a static containment shell or shroud, which forms a completely sealed liquid end or pressure boundary.
Prime mover energy is transmitted to the sealed liquid end by a bank of external magnets, which pass force through the containment shell to the inner magnets attached to the impeller shaft, meaning there is no risk of leaks or emissions.
Sealless v Sealed Pumps
It’s necessary to understand what a mechanical seal is to differentiate between the two types of pump. Mechanical seals are designed to maintain their sealing capability by leaking small amounts of fluid in order to keep the seal faces lubricated.
Mechanical seals are widely regarded as the weakest point in any pumping system. In fact, they account for 80% of all pump failures, with the remainder being leakage through static seals such as gaskets or O Rings and bearing failure.
Seals, like bearings, will ultimately wear and, as they wear, the seal faces lose their effectiveness and liquid loss through the seal increases. These fugitive emissions can be costly, resulting in lost time and money, as well as reduced worksite and environmental safety.
WHAT makes a HMD Kontro Sealless Pump different?
- Welded metal containment shell to ASME VIII pressure vessel standards
- Optional ZeroLoss® shell. To improve efficiency and reduce life cycle costs
- Dynamically balanced rotating parts for smooth operation and longevity
- Modular cartridge construction reducing maintenance time
- Many common components reducing spare part inventory
- Fully encapsulated outer magnet ring for protection and easy cleaning
How HMD Kontro can help you with your pump requirements
HMD Kontro has a comprehensive range of magnetic drive sealless pumps designed to perform in most climate extremes and in many applications to help you revolutionise your process workflow. To find out more please click here.