Sealless Magnetic Drive Pumps from HMD Kontro
How do sealless pumps work and what sets them apart?
- Sealless pumps are essentially conventional centrifugal pumps without packed glands or seals
- The seal is replaced by a static containment shell or shroud to form a completely sealed liquid end and pressure boundary
- External magnets on the impeller shafts transmit prime mover energy to magnets in the sealed liquid end, through the containment shell
- Risks to the environment from hazardous and volatile materials are significantly reduced
- No wear to seals and resulting loss of effectiveness and efficiency
- No fugitive emissions, which can be costly in terms of reduced productivity and the implied risks and costs
Benefits of Magnetic Drive Sealless Pumps:
- Improved safety for operators, employees and the public
- Kinder to the environment as no fugitive emissions
- No leakage issues, risks and concerns (sleepless nights!)
- Minimal spares required and much reduced servicing
- No downtime replacing seals and maintaining seal support systems
For more information about HMD Kontro and our products, please call +44 (0) 1323 452000 or email us.