Why sealless is suitable for your application
Example customers who have purchased HMD Kontro sealless pumps include: BP, Novartis, Ineos, PETRONAS and many more who would prefer to keep the use of our pumps confidential thanks to the IP benefits that they bring.
As there are no seals or seal support systems plus all of the associated ancillaries, connections, instrumentation etc., the selection, installation and operation of a sealless pump is simpler than ever before.
A magnetic drive pump provides complete integrity for the pumped liquid or product. Not only are they simple to work with, there is just one self-contained cartridge assembly which can be easily exchanged for maintenance or repair and the pumps themselves are also extremely versatile and flexible. As a result, they are now being used in a wider range of applications.
Typical applications include fluids presenting difficult and/or costly sealing challenges such as:
- High Melting Point Liquids
- Heat Transfer Fluids
- Volatile Liquids – LPG, Processed Hydrocarbons, Crude oil
- Hazardous Liquids
- Expensive Fluids
- Fluids Under Pressure
Typical refinery applications include:
- Sour Water
- Disulfide Oil
- Anhydrous HF
- HF Acid
- Benzene, Toluene, Xylene
- Hydrocarbon Condensates
- Boilerhouse Chemicals (Sulfuric Acid)
The latest parameters at which magnetic drive pumps can operate may surprise you:
- Temperature – Down to minus 80oC / 112oF
- Up to 450oC / 840oF Torque Ring Design
- Up to 315oC / 600oF Synchronous Design
- Flow Rates – Up to 690m3/hour / 3000 USGPM
- Heads – Up to 240m / 767’ differential
- Viscosity – Maximum 200 cSt
- Pressure – Up to 185 Bar / 2683 psi
- Solids – Up to 5%, with a particle size of 150 microns
- Up to 8% and less than 250 microns with filtration
- Power – 400kW 50hz / 530hp 60hz
- Speed Range 1450 – 3500 RPM
All HMD Kontro pumps, as standard, can handle up to 5% hard solids and 150 microns diameter. By fitting a self-cleaning in line filter, this can be increased to 8% solids and 250 microns.
For larger solids we can provide pumps with a clean flush system or filter built into the flush pipework. Please contact us for details.
If you have a particular liquid that you wish to pump, then please do not hesitate to contact us for advice. There is a very good chance that we have worked with this product in the past and can advise on the most appropriate pump for your application.
HMD Kontro sealless pumps can be manufactured to relevant specifications such as ASME / ANSI, ISO and API 610 / 685. You can find out more about the standards that we manufacture to on our sealless standards page.