From Hydraulic & Mechanical Developments to HMD Kontro
With over 70 years of history, it is not surprising that we have an array of achievements behind us and of course many more to come. This week we look at how the name of the company has evolved over the years. We’ve posted a local picture of Beachy Head and the iconic lighthouse, which we hope you enjoy.
- 1946 – Geoffrey and Charles Howard found Hydraulic & Mechanical Developments Ltd.
- 1954 – The Kontro Co. Inc. is (separately) founded in Athol, Massachusetts, USA
- 1970 – HMD Pumps are first introduced into the US market with Kontro Inc.
- 1982 – The company is renamed HMD Seal/less Pumps Ltd.
- 1990 – HMD Kontro is recognised worldwide as the home of the sealless pump
- 1994 – HMD and Kontro are both acquired by the Sundyne Corporation
- 2017 – HMD Kontro celebrates 70 years of innovation and success