The GSPLF pump is a versatile and highly efficient pump for the safe processing and handling of hazardous and valuable hydrocarbons and chemicals. It combines the proven technologies of Sundyne Barske Wheel hydraulics and the HMD Kontro sealless magnetic drive.
Developed to fill a gap in the market for a high-efficiency low flow magnetic drive centrifugal pump with a single stage high head capability, this pump fills the slot perfectly. The GSPLF meets and in many cases exceeds the requirements of API 685 and has full ATEX compliance, making it ideal for chemical and hydrocarbon processing applications.
Efficiency in the low specific speed regime
Barske Wheel pumps from Sundyne are designed to provide efficiency in the low specific speed regime, which is often referred to as a low flow, high head application. The desired performance is guaranteed due to the pumps having an open impeller with straight blades and a tapered conical diffuser. When compared with traditional back-swept Francis vane impellers, this combination produces a considerably higher head factor (ratio of developed head to theoretical head).
Benefits of the HMD Kontro GSPLF Pump:
- Single basic frame size to suit power requirements
- Suction tuned inducers for low NPSHa conditions
- Reduced radial and axial bearing loads
- Barske Wheel hydraulics for optimum efficiency in low specific speed (Ns) applications
- Removable diffuser for simple rerating to different process conditions – no costly machining
Reliability, design flexibility and optimal efficiency
The pumps deliver in terms of reliability, design flexibility and optimal efficiency, ensuring trouble-free, safe and environmentally conscious plant operation. Another advantage is the flexibility in the diffuser and impeller combination, which can easily be rerated should the duty point change without the requirement to replace the pressure casing.
Design Features of the GSPLF Pump
- Low Specific Speed Best Fit Hydraulics and Optional Inducers for low NPSH
- Removable Diffuser – simple rerating and can be converted easily onsite
- Generous Clearances – eliminate potential performance degradation often associated with Wear Ring designs
- Low Bearing Loads – semi-open impeller design reduces radial and axial bearing loads on a product lubricated internal bearing system
Multiple build and instrumentation options
The build options for the GSPLF pump include ZeroLoss® Containment Shell, Secondary Control system, Secondary Containment system, external filtration, inducers and NACE compliant materials. Instrumentation options include Power Control Monitor, RTD temperature sensing, secondary housing monitoring (liquid or pressure) and VapourView®.
The GSPLF pump is helping the environment
With stricter demands for the safety and welfare of both personnel and the environment being imposed, HMD Kontro sealless pumps are playing an increasingly important role. Innovative magnet drive technology is enabling more efficient and powerful pumps to be developed and built, widening the application scope of this innovative pump format.
For further information, and to learn why the GSPLF sealless pump could be suitable for your low flow / high head application please visit the HMD Kontro GSPLF page.